The Flag and Bunting Store is a trading name of Little Eskimo Limited, registered in England & Wales, company number 5594565. Our trading address is Unit 2 House 2, Lynderswood Farm, Lynderswood Lane, Braintree CM77 8JT. Our registered office is 3 Warners Mill, Silks Way, Braintree CM7 3GB. Our VAT registration number is 870 8973 75.
The Terms & Conditions below set out the respective obligations of Little Eskimo Limited trading as The Flag and Bunting Store ("us") and the customer ("you") when you place an order with us. Our website and these Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under UK law. By placing an order you are agreeing to accept these Terms & Conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected either by this statement or by any of the Terms & Conditions below.
Little Eskimo Limited's total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by us to you, together with any postage costs incurred. Little Eskimo Limited shall not be liable for any indirect special or consequential loss whether this arises from a breach of duty in contract or in any other way. Little Eskimo Limited will not be responsible nor liable for your use of any other websites which you may access via links within this website. The inclusion of any such links does not constitute an endorsement by us.
Little Eskimo Limited does not seek to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or that of its members, agents, directors or employees or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
Product Descriptions & Images
Every care has been taken to describe and portray items accurately using current technology, but slight variations in actual products may occur. Please note sizes are approximate.
A contract between you and us for the sale of our products will only exist once your order has been accepted processed and despatched (by which point your credit/debit card will be charged for the value of the goods despatched). You receiving an email confirmation from us acknowledging that we have received your order will not constitute our acceptance of that order and therefore at that point a contract will not exist between us.
Standard Delivery orders are usually despatched within 1 working day to arrive with customers within 6 working days of placing their order. A signature may be required on delivery. Our Standard Delivery charge is £2.00 per order.
First Class Delivery orders are usually despatched within 1 working day to arrive with customers within 3 working days of placing their order. A signature may be required on delivery. Our First Class Delivery charge is £3.00 per order.
Express Delivery orders are usually despatched the same working day (if the order was placed before 1pm) or the next working day, to arrive with customers the following working day. We will use a Courier Company, and a signature will be required on delivery. Express Delivery charge is £6.50 per order.
European, Channel Islands, and Rest Of The World Delivery
We deliver to selected countries worldwide. Orders are usually despatched within 1 working day by Royal Mail AirMail or an international courier service. A signature may be required on delivery. The delivery charge varies by destination and weight and will be calculated in your basket before payment.
Please allow 5-10 working days for delivery.
Please note that you will be liable for any locally charged import taxes and/or duties that maybe charged in your country.
Delivery times stated are estimates only and delivery timing is not the essence of the contract between us and you. We will always endeavour to despatch orders on the working day that the order is placed, or the next day, but this is not always possible.
If an item in your order happens to be out of stock we will contact you with the best information we have on when it will arrive. Naturally you have the option of waiting a little longer or cancelling your order.
All our prices include VAT at the prevailing rate where applicable. Orders sent to delivery addresses outside of the European Union will have VAT deducted during checkout prior to payment. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the correct destination country has been selected as we cannot refund VAT retrospectively.
Credit Card Security
We accept Mastercard, Visa, and American Express.
Your online purchases from The Flag and Bunting Store take place in a safe environment, using the latest security systems and technology to protect all of our customers.
Cards are processed at the time of ordering. Your credit card information is encrypted using 128-bit encryption to ensure that your transactions with us are private and protected, and cannot be viewed by anyone else as they travel over the internet.
We only accept orders from web browsers allowing communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - so you can't place an order with The Flag and Bunting Store through an unsecure connection by mistake.
If you don't love our flags and bunting as much as we do we will give you your money back!
We are so confident about the quality of our bunting that we offer a simple replacement or refund guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with anything you buy from us, for whatever reason, simply return it within 30 days of receipt and we will replace the item(s) in question or give you a refund if you prefer. See 'Returns Policy' below for full details.
If you need to contact us for any reason use one of the four following methods:
Call our Customer Services department on 01245 363313
Write to us at The Flag and Bunting Store, Unit 2, House 2, Lynderswood Farm, Lynderswood Lane, Braintree CM77 8JT
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data that Flag and Bunting Store (referred to as "we" "our" or "us" in the Notice) may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we store and handle that data.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 24th October 2019 and it is likely that we will need to update it from time to time.
2. The legal bases we rely on
There are different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
Sometimes we will need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order from us we will need your delivery address and contact details to deliver your purchase, answer any queries, and provide information to our courier or Royal Mail.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of fraud to law enforcement .
In certain situations, we need your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business. For example, we will use your data to reduce the chance of us incurring losses through credit card fraud, and to invite you to give feedback so we can improve our service.
3. When we collect your personal data
- When you place an order.
- When you register for an account.
- When you contact us with queries or complaints.
- When you visit our website, engage with us on social media.
- When you comment on, or review our products and services, via our Feedback Management Company (currently Feefo).
4. What sort of personal data we collect
- Your name, gender, billing address, email address, telephone number, recipient & delivery details (if different), computer IP address, and details of your orders (both completed and partially-completed).
- Details of your interactions with us online or by telephone. For example, we may make notes of our conversations with you, and keep details of any complaints or comments you make, and details of orders you make.
- Details of your visits to our website, items added to your basket, promotional offer codes you use, and which site you came from to ours.
- Payment method used, payment details, and card information if you use one.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Technical information about your internet browser, for example the country where your computer is, the pages you visit on our website, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
5. How and why we use your personal data
- To process any orders that you make, and to comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party such as a courier or Royal Mail to deliver the product that you ordered (who may in turn contact you by email, telephone or SMS with delivery updates), and we will need to keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual, legal, or regulatory obligations we may have.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these communications. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with good service and improving our service in future.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate interests in reducing the risk of credit/debit card fraud. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If you are an existing customer (who has ordered from us before), we'll use your data to send you communications by email about similar products that we sell (for example new designs) including special offers. We'll do this on the basis of our legitimate interests in updating customers with information on our latest products. You are free to opt out of receiving our direct marketing emails either when you order or at any time (see next section 'How you can stop the use of your personal data for email direct marketing').
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to comply with our legal obligations. These service messages will not include any promotional content.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our website, we'll use data. We do so on the basis of your consent for our website to place cookies on your device. For example, we might display a list of items you've recently looked at, or offer you recommendations.
- If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you that your order remains incomplete. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
- To send you feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have legitimate interests to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
- Sometimes, we'll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service such as delivery couriers or an order fulfilment company. We do so to fulfil our contract or agreement with you. Without sharing your personal data, we'd be unable to fulfil your order.
6. How you can stop the use of your personal data for email direct marketing
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing emails from us:
- Click the 'unsubscribe' link in any email communication that we send you.
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Write to us at Customer Services, Flag and Bunting Store, Unit 2, House 2, Lynderswood Farm, Lynderswood Lane, Braintree CM77 8JT
- Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
7. How we protect your personal data
- We treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all areas of our website using 'https' technology.
- Our order processing computer systems are password-protected and the data held by them is secured by encryption.
- Any paper records we keep are stored in key-controlled areas accessible only to authorised members of staff who require such access.
- We monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
8. How long we keep your personal data
- Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we'll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period, your data will be deleted.
- When you place an order, we keep the personal data you give us for seven years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations such as VAT accounting.
- We keep data that you give us when you make general enquiries for 12 months following the final interaction from you so we can re-open the enquiry if you need us to.
9. Who we share your personal data with
For example, delivery couriers, payment service providers, order fulfilment companies, fraud management organisations, feedback management companies, email marketing agencies and so on.
We only share your personal data with trusted third parties, and only provide them with the information necessary to perform their specific services.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- Operational organisations such as order fulfilment companies, and delivery couriers such as APC.
- Payment service providers who manage the secure processing of your payment when you pay by card, such as Braintree and PayPal.
- Companies who support our website and other business systems. For example fraud prevention organisations such as DataCash, and feedback management companies such as Feefo.
- E-commerce companies who help us run our website and who manage our email communications with you, such as BigCommerce.
- We do not share your data with any other organisation for their own marketing purposes.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity, including data about individuals, with law enforcement bodies.
We may be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, if told to do so.
We may, in the future, sell or merge Flag and Bunting Store and this may involve the transfer of part of or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data may be transferred to the new owner or controlling party.
10. Where your personal data may be processed
We use an external provider to run our website, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, if you place an order for delivery outside of the EEA (eg to Australia) this would be required in order to deliver the order.
Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
11. Your rights over your personal data
You have the right to request:
- A copy of any information about you that we hold, usually free of charge, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact our Customer Services team.
- That we stop using your personal data for email direct marketing.
- If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We will do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will need you to verify your identity to our full satisfaction before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
12. Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to ICOs Website
Cookies are small text files that our website will send to your computer. They allow our site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart and store your details if you select the 'Remember Me' Option. They can't read information saved on your drive and are not computer programmes. Without using cookies our website will not function properly and you will not be able to order. You can turn off cookies within your browser by going to 'Tools | Internet Options | Privacy' and selecting to block cookies. If you turn off cookies, you will be unable to place an online order with The Flag & Bunting Store and will need to phone us to order.
1. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that websites place on users' computers to make the website faster and easier for you; they allow us to make your shopping basket work properly, and they help you move from one part of the flagandbuntingstore.co.uk website to another easily.
Cookies do not contain any personal or private information, and they can't read information saved on your drive. They are not computer programmes so they cannot harm your computer, or be used to spread viruses, or to get a user's email address or private information.
Without using cookies our website will not function properly and you will not be able to order online.
2. Managing Cookies
You can learn how to turn off cookies by consulting the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below. If you turn off cookies, you will be unable to place an online order with The Flag & Bunting Store and will need to 'phone us to order. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to a site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply.
3. What Our Cookies Do
The cookies we use fall into 3 groups:
Functionality Cookies enable you to buy products on our website. They allow you to browse, order, pay for items, and make the check-out process easy. For example we have a cookie that saves your shopping basket for 2 hours - if you leave the ordering process and return to finish it an hour later, the cookie will ensure the contents of your basket are still there to save you having to re-enter them.
Analytics Cookies measure and analyse how customers use our website. They track visitor numbers and things like the number of pages visited and the order visited, and time spent. We use this information to improve the experience for all customers.
Marketing Cookies identify how you find and/or reach our website. This helps us gauge the relevance and effectiveness of our marketing, for example by telling us if you have opened an email that we have sent you.
Targeting Cookies assist in targeted advertising. These cookies can track your visits around the web but they don't know who you are. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/
4. Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
5. Third Party Cookies
These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites so we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes:
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Bing Ads
- Facebook Connect
- Facebook Custom Audiences
6. Opting Out
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here. Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 24th October 2019 and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.
Cancellation, Return and Exchange Policy
You are welcome to return any unused item within 30 days for a refund or exchange.
The cost of the products returned will be refunded. In addition, if you're returning a complete order within 14 days, we'll refund any standard delivery costs (excluding First Class and Express delivery) you paid us.
Returned goods must be unused and in perfect saleable condition in order to receive a refund or exchange.
Please send your return to:
The Flag and Bunting Store
Unit 2 House 2
When returning goods on which you have received a discount or offer, that discount or offer will no longer apply if you fall below the discount or offer threshold and the refund will be adjusted accordingly.
You are responsible for arranging returns at your cost, and we suggest you use Royal Mail's service via your local Post Office, always retaining a proof of postage. We cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit.
When returning your items for an exchange or refund, please include a note which details your order number, name and address, details of the return or exchange and where available a phone number or email address.